Job Opportunity - Parish Administrator
July 13, 2017
St. John’s Anglican Church in North Vancouver is looking for an outstanding part-time, permanent Parish Administrator. The Parish Administrator is responsible for the effective and efficient management of the office as a resource and hub of all communication and publishing for the parish community. The Parish Administrator works as part of a team with the Priest, staff, and a dedicated staff of volunteers. Exceptional interpersonal skills are required, as are excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to maintain a friendly, professional, productive environment as expected in a church administrative setting. The position starts on Tuesday, August 8, 2017. Please email a covering letter and resume to email@example.com
The job is 19 hours per week spread over five mornings Tuesday to Saturday.
Main responsibilities & duties include, but are not limited to:
• Welcoming and greeting visitors during office hours
• Preparing and disseminating bulletins, announcements, and other correspondence
• Updating church website, using online resources
• Some bookkeeping
• Coordinating bookings for church facilities
• Maintaining activities calendar
• Maintaining mail, telephone and email correspondence
• Maintaining church documents and databases, recording, and updating personal information.
• Maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information
• Following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
• Maintaining and ordering office supplies and equipment, etc.
• Creating annual reports Key requirements include
• Minimum diploma or certificate in office administration, business or other relevant discipline
• 2 or more years of experience working in an administrative capacity
• Basic Bookkeeping knowledge
• Good organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• Computer knowledge and proficiency with: MS Office, Outlook, Internet, Adobe, Publisher
• Familiarity with Anglican Church of Canada an asset