Vestry meetings are just around the corner. The Eco-Justice Unit would like to have a parish rep. for the Unit from every parish is the diocese. We would appreciate any way you can help in inviting a parishioner to be our contact with the parish or yourself if this makes more sense. Below is a position description for the Eco-Justice Unit Parish Rep. Parish Rep for the Eco-Justice Unit
Thank you for offering yourself as the parish rep. This position is confirmed at the annual vestry of the parish or at a parish council meeting.
The position description is as follows:
1) Send an e-mail to the Chairperson, The Rev. Margaret Marquardt (email@example.com) to let the Unit know you are the parish rep. Include the name of the parish and your phone number
2) Speak with the parish council about the kind of ecological and justice work the parish is engaged in or would like to be, or any questions you have regarding this. If you have any interest in the areas of ecology within British Columbia, or justice work around social isolation and neighbourhood or other local issues, someone from the Unit would be glad to connect with you. Send these notes to the Chairperson to let the Unit know what you are doing, interested in and what areas you would like more information or support.
3) Bring information of events happening in the community or the Unit on ecological and justice work to the attention of the parish is whatever form is best for the parish. Ask that upcoming events noted in the parish mail be set aside for you to bring to the parish (in whatever ways your parish does this).
4) Attend at least one meeting (if possible) that the Unit is organizing in the year. (The Chairperson of the Unit will send out a meeting time. Or be available for a phone call.
5) Look at the Diocesan website (under Diocesan Ministry, then Anglicans for Eco-Justice) to see if there are any events listed.
The Rev. Margaret Marquardt, January, 2015 firstname.lastname@example.org 604.253-0379